Friday, February 14, 2014

Know Before You Go


The other day I was at one of LI’s largest charity/networking events, The Go Red for Women Luncheon.  This event brings together over 900 of LI’s most enthusiastic networkers.  Most attend because of the networking, not the charity.  Ok, maybe some are raffle enthusiasts and others love wearing red, but if it was about charity, why wear a name tag that lists your name and company? That is done because the draw of these events is the networking.

My question is, so once there, how do you network with 900 people and turn it into potential business? This is a difficult undertaking.  Even if you are a speed reader of name tags or can read name tags without your glasses (which is always a problem for me, so I appreciate when the tags have large print) you have embarked on a difficult mission.  I have some successful techniques to maximize my large group networking that I thought I would share with you. 

Know Before You Go – Research who is attending

Who is in Your Circle – Connect with those in your circle and see who can connect you

For more tips on successful networking contact Ivy@Ivy-Network.com  
www.Ivy-Network.com

No comments:

Post a Comment